All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT) 2012
The All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT) is a yearly college entrance examination in India. The exam is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Delhi for admission to MBBS and BDS courses in several medical colleges around the country. Presently, 15% of the total seats in all medical and dental colleges run by the Union of India, state governments, municipal, or other local authorities in India, except in the states of Andhra Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir, are reserved for candidates who qualify this examination.
Offered Courses in AIPMT
Through All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT), candidates is offered to pursue their degree courses in following streams :
1.) M.B.B.S (Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery), 2.) B.D.S (Bachelor of Dental Surgery),
3.) B.Pharma (Bachelor of Pharmacy), 4.) B.P.T (Physiotherapy)
1. AIPMT 2012 will be held in two stages - Preliminary and Final Exam. Both would be objective.
2. Only one application is to be submitted for both the Preliminary & Final Examination.
3. Information regarding receipt of Application Forms will be hosted from time to time on website www.aipmt.nic.in. The candidate can check the receipt of their Application on the website and take the suggested action.
4. Preliminary Examination will be held on 01.04.2012 (Sunday).
5. Final Examination will be held on 13.05.2012 (Sunday) only for those who qualify Preliminary Examination.
6. There is no separate fee for the Final Examination.
7. Choice of the Examination Centres is to be indicated separately for Preliminary and Final Examinations. All centre choices must be provided.
8. The candidates who qualify in the Preliminary Examination can download a separate Admit Card for the Final Examination. Relevant information will also be hosted on website www.aipmt.nic.in.
9. For the latest up dates, candidates must remain in touch with the website www.aipmt.nic.in. & www.mohfw.nic.in till the completion of 2nd round of counselling.
AIPMT Exam Pattern
A. THE ENTRANCE EXAM CONSISTS OF :PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION :
The Preliminary Examination would consist of one paper containing 200 objective type questions (four options with single correct answer) from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology) to be answered on the specially designed machine-gradable sheet using Ball Point Pen only. The duration of paper would be 3 hours.
FINAL EXAMINATION :
(Only for those who qualify in the Preliminary Examination). The Final Examination would consist of one paper containing 120 objective type questions (four options with single correct answer) from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology) to be answered on the specially designed machine-gradable sheet using Ball Point Pen only. The duration of paper would be 3 hours.
B. LANGUAGE OF THE QUESTION PAPERS :
Candidates can opt for Question Papers either in English or in Hindi. This option should be exercised while filling in the Application Form. It cannot be changed later. Candidates opting for English would be provided Test Booklet in English only and the candidates opt for Hindi would be provided Test Booklet in both Hindi and English, i.e., Bilingual.
SCHEDULE OF EXAMINATION :
_ PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION April 01, 2012 (Sunday) 10.00 AM to 1.00 PM
_ FINAL EXAMINATION May 13, 2012 (Sunday) 10.00 AM to 1.00 PM
The schedule will remain unaltered even if any of the above dates is declared a public holiday.
SYLLABUS FOR THE EXAMINATION :
The Syllabus is common to both Preliminary and Final Examination. Please see Appendix-I for details.
CENTRES FOR EXAMINATION :
(i) Lists of cities where the Preliminary & Final Examination will be conducted are given in Appendix II & Appendix III respectively.
(ii) The Candidate should select three convenient city codes for Preliminary Examination from Appendix II and two city codes for Final Examination from Appendix III.
(iii) Though every effort will be made to allot a centre in one of the places selected by the candidate, yet the Board reserves its discretion to allot a centre other than the candidate's choice.
(iv) Allotment of centre is made by Computer and there is no human intervention. Under no circumstances the choice of centre cities filled in application form shall be changed by the Board.
(v) Allotment of centre to the candidates submitting their application with actual fee (i.e., from 26.12.2011 to 25.01.2012) and with first late fee (i.e., 26.01.2012 to 08.02.2012) will be allotted centre through Computer as per three convenient city codes filled in their application forms.
(vi) Candidates submitting application form with second late fee (i.e. 09.02.2012 to 24.02.2012) would be allotted centre at Delhi only.
Candidates are required to go through the Information Bulletin carefully and acquaint themselves.
1.Candidates can apply for AIPMT - 2012 only "Online".
2. Information Bulletin can be downloaded from the website.
3. Online submission of Application Form may be made by accessing Board website www.aipmt.nic.in. Instructions for Online submission of Application Form are available in Information Bulletin and on the website www.aipmt.nic.in.
4. Candidates must follow the instructions strictly as given in the Information Bulletin and on website. Candidates not complying with the instructions shall be summarily disqualified.
5. Candidates must retain the following documents with them as reference for future correspondence.
(i) At least four printout of the computer generated Application Form.
(ii) Original receipt issued by Post Office for having despatched the Application Form.
(iii) Proof of fee paid
6. (a) Please ensure before mailing the print out of application form/Confirmation Page that :
(i) the applicant has signed the Form at specified place.
(ii) the application bears the signature of Parent/Guardian.
(iii) the application has been authenticated/signed by the Head of the Institution/Gazetted Officer.
(iv) the two similar good quality colour studio photographs with white background (taken on or after 01.10.2011) have been duly pasted in the space earmarked for it. Further, ensure that application form number & candidate name has been written on the back of both the photographs.
(b) Please arrange documents in the following order:
(i) Demand Draft
(ii) Computer Generated Application Form
(iii) Affidavit (for candidates from Andhra Pradesh and J & K)
(c) For sending Computer Generated Confirmation Page, use any good quality A5 size envelope and paste the Computer Generated Boards Address Slip on the envelope.
7. Candidates must preserve the Admit Cards till the admission in College/Institution.
8. Computer Generated Confirmation Page/Application Form is to be despatched only by Registered/Speed Post to.